Men and women both can experience thinning hair and hair loss as they get older. Most people report noticing changes in their hair around their 50s and 60s.
Medications, infections, thyroid issues, trauma and diseases can all impact hair loss.
If your hair is thinning, try these products for a volumizing boost:
• L’Oreal EverStrong Thickening Shampoo costs about $8 and comes highly rated for improving the appearance of thinning hair and adding volume as well as strength to your strands.
It is sulfate free and works gently on damaged hair. Use it along with their thickening conditioner, which also costs around $8.
• Rogaine makes an FDA approved foam for men and women that offers up to 25 percent hair regrowth. Both foams are unscented and cost around $27. To use this product, part your hair and massage one-half capful of foam into your scalp twice a day.
The site mentions it takes about four months to see noticeable results.
• Art Naturals makes an organic, argan-oil-based shampoo that helps with hair regrowth. It costs around $27 and not only helps with maintaining a healthy scalp but also prevents hair from falling out with DHT blockers. Along with other ingredients,
Art Naturals uses caffeine to stimulate hair growth. This product is vegan, cruelty-free and sulfate free.
Hair can break off if you have dry strands, over-processed hair or health issues like thyroid problems and lupus.
There are several ways you can keep your hair moisturized and prevent it from breaking.
• Redken Extreme shampoo costs around $35 for a 10.1-ounce bottle. With specialized ingredients, this product aims to prevent breakage and strengthen hair.
Use along with their Extreme conditioner which costs around $40 and helps distressed ends look healthier.
• Carol’s Daughter Repairing Anti-Breakage spray is free of alcohol, parabens, artificial colors and petroleum.
It costs around $24 and uses monoi oil and coconut water to repair damaged hair and prevent breakage. To use this product shake well and spray scalp and ends.
Scalps can become dry as people age because there is typically less oil being produced. Sunburns, strong winds and heat can also cause dry scalps.
• Shine Spray by Original Moxie costs around $22 and helps keep dry hair and scalps moisturized with a lightweight oil spray.
You can use this product as needed on wet or dry hair. You can also use it to get rid of fly-aways by rubbing the product between your palms and applying to your roots.
• Caviar Anti-Aging pre-shampoo treatment by Alterna works great as an intensive treatment for dry hair and scalps.
Leave this product on for five to fifteen minutes once per week before you hop in the shower.
• Morrocan Oil Dry Scalp Treatment is a concentrated formula that treats dry and flaky scalps. It also relieves itchiness and irritation.
It costs around $38. You apply it by splitting the hair into four sections and massaging in a few drops of the product. Leave on for five to ten minutes and then rinse it out.
With these products, you can regain hair just like younger days and feel the nostalgia from your youthful days all over again. Cheers to better hair growth.