No matter how beautiful or opulent your home is, it is still susceptible to the elements, and over time, you will notice this. While some of the issues like fading color or cracks can easily be fixed, there is one issue that needs specialized care to control more effectively, and that is mold.
Mold can be quite annoying, and in some cases, it can even pose a threat to you and your family. If you have mold in your house, you should consider getting the help of a professional to get rid of it. However, not every mold removal service out there will do a good job, and thus the need to conduct thorough research when choosing one. Here are some tips that you should consider.
- They should offer a variety of services such as fixing fire/smoke damage, water damage, and even removing asbestos on top of their mold removal services. Mold removing services with such a portfolio of services will likely be good at their job and thus should be able to do a thorough job.
- They should have a license to operate in your region, as well as other regions. Being licensed means that they will likely have properly trained staff and that they are focused on doing a legitimate job.
- Consider getting insurance before you allow mold removers into your home. Your chosen mold removal service should give provisions such as re-doing the entire job again if the first attempt does not yield desired fruits. This highlights the level of professionalism in the firm.
- The service should be able to arrive on a timely basis in case there are emergencies like smoke or water damage. Some of them go the extra mile by providing round-the-clock services, which means that you can get assistance even if an emergency occurs at night.
Mold removal price guide
You likely want to have the mold problems in your home sorted out while striking the right balance between not breaking the bank and still getting good and thorough service. The good thing is that mold services know this and so they try to provide fair pricing. Here is a breakdown of the prices that you should expect.
Also, keep in mind that removing the mold may depend on the type of mold, and the cost may range from $50 to $6,000. Other factors may also come into play, such as mold, mold fogging, and mold prevention.
Keep in mind that removing mold can be time-consuming, especially if a large part of your home or workplace is affected. The wider the area affected, the more expensive it will be.
Companies that provide mold removal services
- Kowalski Construction- This is a commercial and residential repair company that is registered in Phoenix, Arizona. It has been around since 1967 and offers remodeling, repair, and emergency services in Arizona.
- HomeServe- This is a restoration business that provides its services in Chicago and has been doing so for the past decade.
- Dry Right Reconstruction- This is a Los Angeles-based company that provides mold removal and water repair services. It even provides free estimates which can be conducted online using data provided by the client.
- CRD Restore- It has been around since 2014 and is one of the best fire restoration, water damage repair, and mold removal companies in the U.S. It has operations in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.