Mold is one of the most common problems that many homeowners and tenants face. This is a problem that mostly occurs due to damp or moist conditions. If left unchecked, mold can become a major problem and even present itself as a health hazard to the people living in the house or rental building.
It is thus a good idea to look for a mold removal company that can help clear out the mold growing in your home, apartment, or even workplace. Fortunately, if you live in South Africa, many businesses specialize in mold removal.
However, picking the right mold removal company is important because it will determine the quality of work, allowing you to get decent value for your money. Here are some tips to consider when selecting a mold removal company.
- The mold removal business should have a license to run their business operation in South Africa. This is an important first step to avoid getting conned. Licensed companies will also likely be more serious about their business and will thus ensure good quality of work in order to create a positive reputation that will bring more customers in the future.
- They should be time-conscious so that when you call them, they will deliver on the task in a timely manner.
- They should be trustworthy. The last thing you want is to give a stranger access to your house and then finding out later the hard way that they are part of a crime syndicate.
- They should offer a range of services on top of mold removal, such as water pipe repair, paint works, and others.
Before we check the different companies out there that deal with the segment, it is important to point out the cost of the services. Prices may differ from one company to another. However, the price range for such services should range from around 800 South African rands to around 7000 SA rands. Here are some of the companies that provide mold removal services in South Africa:
- Master Blast High-Pressure Cleaning Services mainly focus on cleaning roofs, which are some places where mold tends to thrive. The company is based in Phoenix, in the North Suburbs. They provide mold removal services and high-pressure cleaning, although not just for roofs but also for driveways, wooden decking, pools, and industrial equipment.
- Mark Hazelden Property Maintenance- This mold removal service is located in Somerset West, Helderberg. They not only specialize in mold removal but also in other areas such as plumbing repairs and roof repairs. They also market themselves as highly skilled.
- Amazing Maids- This is perhaps one of the best cleaning services you should consider if you plan to live in Cape Town, they provide cleaning services, including mold removal services and are ideal when you are moving to a new place. Having the place thoroughly cleaned and mold removed is a great step at making sure your living environment is clean and mold-free.
- DAMP/MOULD BUSTERS- This cleaning service is thorough in what they do, and that is tackling the problem from the source. This involves identifying that mold is caused by dampness, poor ventilation, and humidity. They aim to eliminate the cause and also eliminating the mold. They also do it with non-hazardous chemicals.
- Nanosterile- this business provides sterilization services for both residential and commercial customers. Their services include removing mold, bad odors, fungi, and even animals. They even have a unique coating that is spray-painted onto surfaces for added protection. They also offer their services round-the-clock, which means that they are available even in an emergency at odd hours.